December 2017, Christmas and all it's Glory!
So, it is another year completed. I kept thinking of Sister Kristy Pehrson's challenge all year long. I wrote in my journal about those thoughts of what I and my family was doing with my time, our time? Did we spend it on worthwhile, worthy things?
I believe we did. We saw many miracles and tender mercies from the Lord. If you are my offspring, you will find the precious stories of how we spent 2017 in this journal.
We had a marvelous Christmas season. All who know me know that I absolutely adore and love Christmas.
I had the pleasure of reading a book series called Kingdom and the Crown, by Gerald Lund, during November and December. It is all about a fictional family set in a true historical story. It is set in Israel, in the Holy Land. It takes a family and many characters through the time when Jesus began his mortal ministry. It helped me so much to learn about what it was really like to live in those days around Jerusalem.
I learned a lot about the Jews - the worthy ones who kept the law of Moses, but recognized the Savior when he did come, and also the Sadducees and Pharisees - many who mocked him, did not recognize who he was, and openly hated him and ended up killing him. The books were wonderful teachers.
In December we came very close to Heather having her baby. She is due January 20. She has not complained hardly at all. We are excited.
I made my Christmas fudge, and Sister Ringels' carmel, which everyone loved. We made sugar cookies and ate lots of great food. Derek and Breanna stayed with us for a week, then went to the Marcum's for Christmas. We had our three youngest home with us.
We spent part of the holidays with Sherry and Clint Argyle, when they came to see Blaine's mom.
We had a very blessed year.
I believe we did. We saw many miracles and tender mercies from the Lord. If you are my offspring, you will find the precious stories of how we spent 2017 in this journal.
We had a marvelous Christmas season. All who know me know that I absolutely adore and love Christmas.
I had the pleasure of reading a book series called Kingdom and the Crown, by Gerald Lund, during November and December. It is all about a fictional family set in a true historical story. It is set in Israel, in the Holy Land. It takes a family and many characters through the time when Jesus began his mortal ministry. It helped me so much to learn about what it was really like to live in those days around Jerusalem.
I learned a lot about the Jews - the worthy ones who kept the law of Moses, but recognized the Savior when he did come, and also the Sadducees and Pharisees - many who mocked him, did not recognize who he was, and openly hated him and ended up killing him. The books were wonderful teachers.
In December we came very close to Heather having her baby. She is due January 20. She has not complained hardly at all. We are excited.
I made my Christmas fudge, and Sister Ringels' carmel, which everyone loved. We made sugar cookies and ate lots of great food. Derek and Breanna stayed with us for a week, then went to the Marcum's for Christmas. We had our three youngest home with us.
We spent part of the holidays with Sherry and Clint Argyle, when they came to see Blaine's mom.
We had a very blessed year.
Comments
Post a Comment