Nephew Caden Flew out to his MTC in Mexico, February 11, 2017
Our time was spent this past week doing many fun things. We had fast Sunday. I bore my testimony. I talked about our sweet friend, Bob Dalton, who passed away. He used to be over the emergency preparedness in our county, after he had served in the military for a long time. He was a good example of service in taking care of our county, keeping us all safe. I spoke about how I was really dizzy the Sunday before. We had gone to my nephew, Caden's, "farewell" in Blackfoot. He is going to the Mexico Ciudad Oregon Mission.
I believe I wrote about his farewell in my last post, but if not, I will try to again.
His farewell was really good. We are proud of him, he has matured a lot in the last six months. He seems ready to go now.
So, I was so sick with dizziness that weekend. My mom, Kortny, Nikole and I all had tickets to watch Annie, the play, in Idaho Falls that Saturday, before Caden's farewell. It was just such a fun time, we loved the play. It was one of Kortny's favorite movies when she was little. It was good as a play with Broadway actors, and singers. We had fun eating at an old time diner.
I felt kind of dizzy when I first got to the diner, but thought it was because I was too hot. So, I took my red shawl off. That seemed to help. On the way home from the play to my parent's, I felt more dizzy, but not terrible.
We got home, talked for a while, I went to bed. When I woke up Sunday morning, I was so dizzy I could barely stand up. When I did, I felt nauseated and like I might faint. I "lallygagged" around that morning, as long as I could. My mom told me I should stay home, but I told her I hadn't traveled all that way to miss Caden's talk. So, I made it a goal to get to the sacrament meeting, and then I'd have to come home to my parents and miss the brunch they were having after.
So, the rest of the family, including Kortny and Kutter, all headed to church. Blaine waited for me. We barely made it into the church. I was feeling worse and worse. I made it to sit on the end of a bench, by my family. I had to lean against Blaine, and eventually leaned over and put my head down on the bench in front of me, as soon as Caden's talk was over. I hung in there for Jennifer and Maecie's piano number, and then I had to get up and leave. Blaine had to help me limp out. I was crying softly by then.
Blaine got me home and I just crawled in bed, and cried for a while. I also had another heart ache, going on, that I can't discuss here. So, I was kind of crying for both reasons.
I told my family to go to the brunch.
Christian's family seemed joyful and happy. What a special time it was for us to have both our missionaries out! We loved it.
My Dad is looking a little grayer in his skin color, as his kidneys are slowing down. He has to keep doing blood tests every couple of months, and watch his Glomerular Filtration Rate. I imagine he will have to start the kidney dialysis within in a year. Better than the first prognosis we got, back when we went to the training on dialysis.
So, what did we do with our time last week?
It was fast Sunday, so I bore my testimony. Our ward has always been one of those wards where there is no down time. There are usually a few people lined up to say their testimony. Our ward is no longer like that. For several months in a row, we all sit for long minutes of time, before someone will get up. It makes me sad. Blaine and I would bear our testimonies every month, but we made a deal that we will alternate, every other month, so our ward only has to hear one of us each month. But we are so blessed with tender mercies and miracles every day of our lives, I don't understand why people won't get up and bear their testimonies! When it's silent those long minutes, I look around, and think, why doesn't someone share their testimony? Doesn't anyone believe in the church, or in Jesus, or in the priesthood, or in families?
So, it's kind of gotten so a certain bunch of us seem to alternate, but the same people keep getting up on a regular basis.
I felt blessed to bear mine about Bob Dalton's example, and about me feeling compassion to all people who struggle with a chronic health problem. I thought of my Grandma Williams, over and over, when I was so dizzy. She was dizzy the last few years of her life, and no one could figure out anything to help her. There are a lot of people that have to live with some bad health problem. I admire them. It's a tough life.
Elizabeth is still spending time practicing Distinguished Young Women things. They have dropped from 4 practices a week, to 3, so that has been nice. She found a pretty dress to borrow from one of the leaders, for her interview suit, so that is nice we don't have to buy one.
Girl's basketball tournament has been going on. It is Avery Kunz and Gabrielle Berry from our ward. They are doing pretty well.
My office mate, and wonderful nurse, Sandra Woolstenhulme, was out on vacation with her husband, Monte Woolstenhulme, who is our superintendent, on his business trip to the SanDiego area. I had a really neat experience with her, before she left. I just happened to tell her that I thought she should try for a nurse practitioner training, after Kristen Coburn has stopped by my desk. Kristen is the one who inspired me to be a RN. Anyway, a little later, when we were alone, Sandra told me that she actually applied for a program, she will hear back in April and would start in the fall!
I was stunned. She told her sweet, pure story of how she and her husband want to be of service, she feels blessed to be a woman in this country in this day, she feels like she should improve her knowledge and share it wherever she is needed. She has already been asked to be her ward's young women's president, she does her huge job of director of nursing at the hospital, and now she feels she should do more.
She told me she learned about ISU's program, after she felt prompted to look into it. Of course, the application was due February 1, so after praying hard about it, with her husband, they decided she should apply. I know she will get in. She is one of those outstanding people. I was humbled she would tell me, because she hasn't told our boss yet. Our boss has got some big stresses on her "plate" right now, so Sandra didn't want to throw this on her. She will wait until she hears if she has been accepted, if she is, then she will tell her.
I felt humbled that she is so sincere and she wants to serve the Lord's children.
I told her that I am the kind of person that never wants to let go of my dream to just be a stay at home wife/mother. I drag my feet to do anything new with my nursing career life, until someone else usually makes me, or presents the idea.
Sandra is not like that. She gets bored if she doesn't have a lot to take up her time, or to do. She has always reached high and far in nursing, and will continue to do so. She submits her will to the Lord easily.
I try to stick with my desires, in that area. I try not to get too involved with nursing. But we discussed how Blaine and I do want to serve a couple of missions, when Carl is married - one to a nice temple mission, one to a third world country for me.
It was just a special, sweet time spent with her. I love her.
On Friday, February 10, I had my Friday off, and I had the rare opportunity to go to Rexburg by myself. I drove to Rigby first, because I got to buy the cute baby girl quilt top, flannel back, batting and a cute ruffly lace trim for my Mia Maid adiviser, Kiley Kunz, at Abbott's Variety Store. I had never been there, it was wonderful, and I had a great time there, browsing and choosing the blanket materials, and I want to go back.
I was able to talk to my mom, Nikole and Heather on the phone, as I traveled. I can put my phone on speaker or use the WIFI on our car to talk. It's nice.
After the trip to Abbott's, I went back to Rexburg. First, picked up Nikole. We went to lunch on campus. Derek is in a class, where they have to run a complete business. His group gets to sell chicken wings with choices of sauces, and big fat french fries and a drink in the Crossroads of the big student center. We ate there together, had a blast talking to the two young men that were working the booth at the time, Derek came over and sat with us and talked for a little while.
This was one of the highlights of my time that day. I've always loved Ricks or BYU-I. I could feel the spirit there that day, I loved being with Nikole, and with Derek. BYU-I has grown so much. There were tons of people in the Crossroads.
Nikole had to go to class, so I was able to buy a few red hot deals at Albertson's, as in groceries. I then went to WalMart, and got some things on our list.
Then I went to Evans Beauty College, and was able to get my hair trimmed and an eye brow wax. Then I rode home.
The road was bare. This is a big deal, since we had spent almost 10 weeks in stormy, yucky weather, with sheer icy roads from our house clear into Driggs. So, the beautiful blue sky day was fabulous, with good roads all the way. I just had a nice, productive day. I was able to recooperate, re-energize, and rest.
I believe I wrote about his farewell in my last post, but if not, I will try to again.
His farewell was really good. We are proud of him, he has matured a lot in the last six months. He seems ready to go now.
So, I was so sick with dizziness that weekend. My mom, Kortny, Nikole and I all had tickets to watch Annie, the play, in Idaho Falls that Saturday, before Caden's farewell. It was just such a fun time, we loved the play. It was one of Kortny's favorite movies when she was little. It was good as a play with Broadway actors, and singers. We had fun eating at an old time diner.
I felt kind of dizzy when I first got to the diner, but thought it was because I was too hot. So, I took my red shawl off. That seemed to help. On the way home from the play to my parent's, I felt more dizzy, but not terrible.
We got home, talked for a while, I went to bed. When I woke up Sunday morning, I was so dizzy I could barely stand up. When I did, I felt nauseated and like I might faint. I "lallygagged" around that morning, as long as I could. My mom told me I should stay home, but I told her I hadn't traveled all that way to miss Caden's talk. So, I made it a goal to get to the sacrament meeting, and then I'd have to come home to my parents and miss the brunch they were having after.
So, the rest of the family, including Kortny and Kutter, all headed to church. Blaine waited for me. We barely made it into the church. I was feeling worse and worse. I made it to sit on the end of a bench, by my family. I had to lean against Blaine, and eventually leaned over and put my head down on the bench in front of me, as soon as Caden's talk was over. I hung in there for Jennifer and Maecie's piano number, and then I had to get up and leave. Blaine had to help me limp out. I was crying softly by then.
Blaine got me home and I just crawled in bed, and cried for a while. I also had another heart ache, going on, that I can't discuss here. So, I was kind of crying for both reasons.
I told my family to go to the brunch.
Christian's family seemed joyful and happy. What a special time it was for us to have both our missionaries out! We loved it.
My Dad is looking a little grayer in his skin color, as his kidneys are slowing down. He has to keep doing blood tests every couple of months, and watch his Glomerular Filtration Rate. I imagine he will have to start the kidney dialysis within in a year. Better than the first prognosis we got, back when we went to the training on dialysis.
So, what did we do with our time last week?
It was fast Sunday, so I bore my testimony. Our ward has always been one of those wards where there is no down time. There are usually a few people lined up to say their testimony. Our ward is no longer like that. For several months in a row, we all sit for long minutes of time, before someone will get up. It makes me sad. Blaine and I would bear our testimonies every month, but we made a deal that we will alternate, every other month, so our ward only has to hear one of us each month. But we are so blessed with tender mercies and miracles every day of our lives, I don't understand why people won't get up and bear their testimonies! When it's silent those long minutes, I look around, and think, why doesn't someone share their testimony? Doesn't anyone believe in the church, or in Jesus, or in the priesthood, or in families?
So, it's kind of gotten so a certain bunch of us seem to alternate, but the same people keep getting up on a regular basis.
I felt blessed to bear mine about Bob Dalton's example, and about me feeling compassion to all people who struggle with a chronic health problem. I thought of my Grandma Williams, over and over, when I was so dizzy. She was dizzy the last few years of her life, and no one could figure out anything to help her. There are a lot of people that have to live with some bad health problem. I admire them. It's a tough life.
Elizabeth is still spending time practicing Distinguished Young Women things. They have dropped from 4 practices a week, to 3, so that has been nice. She found a pretty dress to borrow from one of the leaders, for her interview suit, so that is nice we don't have to buy one.
Girl's basketball tournament has been going on. It is Avery Kunz and Gabrielle Berry from our ward. They are doing pretty well.
My office mate, and wonderful nurse, Sandra Woolstenhulme, was out on vacation with her husband, Monte Woolstenhulme, who is our superintendent, on his business trip to the SanDiego area. I had a really neat experience with her, before she left. I just happened to tell her that I thought she should try for a nurse practitioner training, after Kristen Coburn has stopped by my desk. Kristen is the one who inspired me to be a RN. Anyway, a little later, when we were alone, Sandra told me that she actually applied for a program, she will hear back in April and would start in the fall!
I was stunned. She told her sweet, pure story of how she and her husband want to be of service, she feels blessed to be a woman in this country in this day, she feels like she should improve her knowledge and share it wherever she is needed. She has already been asked to be her ward's young women's president, she does her huge job of director of nursing at the hospital, and now she feels she should do more.
She told me she learned about ISU's program, after she felt prompted to look into it. Of course, the application was due February 1, so after praying hard about it, with her husband, they decided she should apply. I know she will get in. She is one of those outstanding people. I was humbled she would tell me, because she hasn't told our boss yet. Our boss has got some big stresses on her "plate" right now, so Sandra didn't want to throw this on her. She will wait until she hears if she has been accepted, if she is, then she will tell her.
I felt humbled that she is so sincere and she wants to serve the Lord's children.
I told her that I am the kind of person that never wants to let go of my dream to just be a stay at home wife/mother. I drag my feet to do anything new with my nursing career life, until someone else usually makes me, or presents the idea.
Sandra is not like that. She gets bored if she doesn't have a lot to take up her time, or to do. She has always reached high and far in nursing, and will continue to do so. She submits her will to the Lord easily.
I try to stick with my desires, in that area. I try not to get too involved with nursing. But we discussed how Blaine and I do want to serve a couple of missions, when Carl is married - one to a nice temple mission, one to a third world country for me.
It was just a special, sweet time spent with her. I love her.
On Friday, February 10, I had my Friday off, and I had the rare opportunity to go to Rexburg by myself. I drove to Rigby first, because I got to buy the cute baby girl quilt top, flannel back, batting and a cute ruffly lace trim for my Mia Maid adiviser, Kiley Kunz, at Abbott's Variety Store. I had never been there, it was wonderful, and I had a great time there, browsing and choosing the blanket materials, and I want to go back.
I was able to talk to my mom, Nikole and Heather on the phone, as I traveled. I can put my phone on speaker or use the WIFI on our car to talk. It's nice.
After the trip to Abbott's, I went back to Rexburg. First, picked up Nikole. We went to lunch on campus. Derek is in a class, where they have to run a complete business. His group gets to sell chicken wings with choices of sauces, and big fat french fries and a drink in the Crossroads of the big student center. We ate there together, had a blast talking to the two young men that were working the booth at the time, Derek came over and sat with us and talked for a little while.
This was one of the highlights of my time that day. I've always loved Ricks or BYU-I. I could feel the spirit there that day, I loved being with Nikole, and with Derek. BYU-I has grown so much. There were tons of people in the Crossroads.
Nikole had to go to class, so I was able to buy a few red hot deals at Albertson's, as in groceries. I then went to WalMart, and got some things on our list.
Then I went to Evans Beauty College, and was able to get my hair trimmed and an eye brow wax. Then I rode home.
The road was bare. This is a big deal, since we had spent almost 10 weeks in stormy, yucky weather, with sheer icy roads from our house clear into Driggs. So, the beautiful blue sky day was fabulous, with good roads all the way. I just had a nice, productive day. I was able to recooperate, re-energize, and rest.
Comments
Post a Comment