Brother Bob Dalton Passes Away, Elizabeth is getting ready for Distinguished Young Women in One month, February 5, 2017
How did we spend our time the last couple of weeks?
We did have a change to watch the Super Bowl. Blaine gets more loud than I ever see him any other time of the year! (which is still soft). Our New England Patriots (where Derek served his mission) won in over time with Tom Brady, leading out. Tom Brandy was seen, saying a prayer before the end. The Patriots were behind 30 points, so it's pretty great that they ended up winning in over time! The was a fun time.
It never ceases to amaze me to hear Carl or Elizabeth playing their instruments - Carl on his violin or cello, and lately piano; Elizabeth on the piano or now with her guitar. Oh, how much joy that time brings to my heart and soul. I dashed up the stairs yesterday, because I could hear Carl playing the first notes of a song on his violin, that he had only heard at a concert at the Middle School by the Aaron Ashton Band! He had no music! He was playing it by ear! Yay!
The Aaron Ashton Band, was just a fabulous event. Aaron Ashton is the brother of our middle school principal, Mr. Brian Ashton. He has a world-famous band, which consist of his violin, a cello, a guitar, a ukulele and accordion, and a new wife of the guitarist, who also played the violin. Oh, that time spent was grand! They came and played this concert, with fiddle music that was out of this world. I recorded a few of their songs. They played about a an hour of wonderful music. Then they let the sixth grade strings group play with them. Then they let the 7th and 8th graders play a song with them! We all gave an encore, so then they played one last Lullaby for us! My heart melted. I loved that concert. Time well spent.
Heather and Brandon had a challenging time, over the last several weeks. It was a blessing to try to assist and help them, from across the country. They are sweet and good.
I loved church today. Time to partake of the holy sacrament, time to fast today with specific purposes, time to have a brief YW Presidency meeting, time to bear my testimony in sacrament meeting, time to listen and participate in Sister Jessica Berry's combined young women lesson today. I really felt the Spirit during our testimony meeting, and during our young women's meeting. I can't say how much I love being a part of young women's.
Last week we had a really good time with my nephew, Caden White. He is going out on his mission to Mexico - Oregon Mission. I was overcome with a dizzy spell. I had switched a medication to a higher dose. One of the side effects was dizziness and I got it, finally, after taking it for 4 weeks. I struggled to get up and get to his "farewell" meeting, but I made it.
My mom, Kortny, Nikole and I had attended an "Annie" concert on Saturday evening, after watching Maecie's basketball game in Driggs. The play was really good, and dinner was fun before.
Caden's farewell was very good. We are proud of him, and excited for him and his family.
I had a special discussion with my office mate, Sandra. She is a dear, talented, smart, good person. She is our Director of Nursing. I had suddenly asked her a question, about her career, didn't really know why, just thought the question pertained to her. Later in the day, she disclosed that she has actually applied for ad advanced nursing program. I felt the Spirit as she opened up and shared her heart, shared how she and her husband want to serve the Lord, wherever they are supposed to. It was one of those neat, rare times.
I told her that I am always "forced" to do a new position, outside the church. I don't really go out on a limb, I keep one foot in the door I like best, which is motherhood and wife, homemaker, mother role. I never reach out for professional opportunities - they have come to me. And I have to convince myself, each time, that I should do it, and that I have been blessed and need to do it.
She just wants to use her talents and abilities, and feels blessed to live in this country, and have the opportunities she has. Wow! I love her.
Nikole took my advice to use tutor for her Economics Class. It made all the difference. She really loves BYU-Idaho.
We did have a change to watch the Super Bowl. Blaine gets more loud than I ever see him any other time of the year! (which is still soft). Our New England Patriots (where Derek served his mission) won in over time with Tom Brady, leading out. Tom Brandy was seen, saying a prayer before the end. The Patriots were behind 30 points, so it's pretty great that they ended up winning in over time! The was a fun time.
It never ceases to amaze me to hear Carl or Elizabeth playing their instruments - Carl on his violin or cello, and lately piano; Elizabeth on the piano or now with her guitar. Oh, how much joy that time brings to my heart and soul. I dashed up the stairs yesterday, because I could hear Carl playing the first notes of a song on his violin, that he had only heard at a concert at the Middle School by the Aaron Ashton Band! He had no music! He was playing it by ear! Yay!
The Aaron Ashton Band, was just a fabulous event. Aaron Ashton is the brother of our middle school principal, Mr. Brian Ashton. He has a world-famous band, which consist of his violin, a cello, a guitar, a ukulele and accordion, and a new wife of the guitarist, who also played the violin. Oh, that time spent was grand! They came and played this concert, with fiddle music that was out of this world. I recorded a few of their songs. They played about a an hour of wonderful music. Then they let the sixth grade strings group play with them. Then they let the 7th and 8th graders play a song with them! We all gave an encore, so then they played one last Lullaby for us! My heart melted. I loved that concert. Time well spent.
Heather and Brandon had a challenging time, over the last several weeks. It was a blessing to try to assist and help them, from across the country. They are sweet and good.
I loved church today. Time to partake of the holy sacrament, time to fast today with specific purposes, time to have a brief YW Presidency meeting, time to bear my testimony in sacrament meeting, time to listen and participate in Sister Jessica Berry's combined young women lesson today. I really felt the Spirit during our testimony meeting, and during our young women's meeting. I can't say how much I love being a part of young women's.
Last week we had a really good time with my nephew, Caden White. He is going out on his mission to Mexico - Oregon Mission. I was overcome with a dizzy spell. I had switched a medication to a higher dose. One of the side effects was dizziness and I got it, finally, after taking it for 4 weeks. I struggled to get up and get to his "farewell" meeting, but I made it.
My mom, Kortny, Nikole and I had attended an "Annie" concert on Saturday evening, after watching Maecie's basketball game in Driggs. The play was really good, and dinner was fun before.
Caden's farewell was very good. We are proud of him, and excited for him and his family.
I had a special discussion with my office mate, Sandra. She is a dear, talented, smart, good person. She is our Director of Nursing. I had suddenly asked her a question, about her career, didn't really know why, just thought the question pertained to her. Later in the day, she disclosed that she has actually applied for ad advanced nursing program. I felt the Spirit as she opened up and shared her heart, shared how she and her husband want to serve the Lord, wherever they are supposed to. It was one of those neat, rare times.
I told her that I am always "forced" to do a new position, outside the church. I don't really go out on a limb, I keep one foot in the door I like best, which is motherhood and wife, homemaker, mother role. I never reach out for professional opportunities - they have come to me. And I have to convince myself, each time, that I should do it, and that I have been blessed and need to do it.
She just wants to use her talents and abilities, and feels blessed to live in this country, and have the opportunities she has. Wow! I love her.
Nikole took my advice to use tutor for her Economics Class. It made all the difference. She really loves BYU-Idaho.
Comments
Post a Comment